I’ve been seeing a lot of gift guides pop up recently. But it seems that everyone’s skipping right past the next holiday – Thanksgiving! If you’re invited to join someone’s celebrations over the next month a gift for you host is key. That said, it can be hard to know what makes the perfect host gift.
If you can cook, an offer to bring extra food will likely be appreciated. This kale salad and this apple crumble are fool-proof crowd pleasers.
If food’s not an option, it’s hard to go wrong with wine or flowers. If you’re bringing flowers, I recommend a plant over loose flowers – you can pick one up at Trader Joe’s and Whole Foods. Plants last longer and save your host from searching for a vase.
And finally, if you’re hoping to gift outside of the box, here are some unique gifts that will impress your host without breaking the bank.
- A personalized mug
- Champagne gummies give a new twist on celebrations
- A nice candle is a luxury your host won’t likely buy for herself
- Sweet monogram notecards
- Wine charms to avoid drink mix-ups
- A geometric picture frame
- Pretty coasters
- A pizza stone set for the chef
- Herb garden set
- A teapot for some much needed post-revelry relaxation